This recipe do not contain and Onion or Garlic.
Palak paneer is a popular North Indian dish made with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) in a thick, creamy spinach sauce. It is a vegetarian dish that is often served with rice or naan bread. The name “palak paneer” literally translates to “spinach cheese.”
Palak paneer is typically made by first blanching and then pureeing spinach leaves. The puree is then cooked with onions, tomatoes, and spices to create a thick, creamy sauce. The paneer is then added to the sauce and simmered until it is heated through.
Palak paneer is a relatively easy dish to make, and it can be made in a variety of ways. Some people prefer to use a blender to puree the spinach, while others prefer to chop it by hand. The sauce can also be made in a variety of ways, and some people prefer to use a food processor to blend the ingredients, while others prefer to chop them by hand.
This 50g spice mix pack is good for making 5 servings. The ingredients needed for 1 pack are as listed below.
- Paneer Cubes – 150g.
- Boiled Spinach Puree – 300g (1 1/4 cup).
- Tomato puree/Tomatoes – 150g/3 medium sized ones.
- Milk – 150ml (2/3 rd of a cup).
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
Method of preparation
- Mix the packet content with milk to make the paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Temper with cumin seeds.
- Make tomato puree by boiling and crushing the tomatoes or use the packaged puree and add that to the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the paste from Step #1 and cook till oil separates.
- Add the spinach puree, paneer cubes and 2 tbsp of butter to the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with grated paneer. Serve hot.
Rasoi Magic is a brand of ready-to-cook spice mixes from India. It is owned by MTR Foods, a leading Indian food company. Rasoi Magic offers a wide variety of spice mixes for popular Indian dishes, such as butter chicken, paneer tikka masala, and biryani.